Now we consider ourselves masters of the fiendish quiz, with everything from obscure cricketing facts to oddball trivia about the human body in our extensive repertoire. But sometimes – just sometimes – you’re wanting to run an easy pub quiz night, delivering simple, straightforward questions perfect for friends, family or colleagues. With that in mind, we’ve racked our brains and put together 100 easy general knowledge questions and answers for you, all designed to run a cracking virtual quiz night on the platform of your choice.
This quick easy quiz is separated into ten rounds of ten questions, covering everything from weird and wonderful World Cup questions to some of the most straight-forward science questions that most contestants could answer.
So, ready to go? Get your Zoom, Skype, House Party or even Skype login ready, and brace your participants for 100 easy quiz questions!
Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Kick off this easy quiz night with a round of common general knowledge questions and answers. These shouldn’t have your contestants scratching their heads, so here’s hoping they all deliver perfect scores to start the night!
1. Alongside former President Frederik Willem de Klerk, which then President of South Africa won a Nobel prize for their work to peacefully end apartheid in the country?
2. How many cards are there in a pack of cards (not incl. jokers)?
3. What does www stand for?
4. What Saints Day is celebrated (particularly in Ireland) on 17th March each year?
5. Where might you find Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace, amongst many other landmarks?
6. What is the name of Mickey Mouse’s partner?
7. What country is famous for inventing the Taco, Burrito and Quesadilla?
8. Who is the South African born CEO of SpaceX and the brains behind Tesla?
9. What animal is Pumbaa in the Lion King?
10. What company is responsible for the iPhone, iPad and iWatch and many other products?
Recommended: Our favourite fun quiz questions and answers
Easy General Knowledge Answers
- Nelson Mandela
- World wide web
- St Patricks Day
- Minnie Mouse
- Elon Musk
- A warthog
Easy Geography General Knowledge Questions and Answers
How did they do? We hope that was a good opener, and primed for this next exciting round of easy pub quiz questions and answers. The topic? Geography! Let’s see if they know their capital cities from their captivating landmarks.
1. What is the largest country by area in the world?
2. In which country would you find Angel Falls, the highest waterfall on earth?
3. What city is the capital of France?
4. What is the largest island in the world, and is actually a dependency of Denmark?
5. How many states are there in America?
6. In what city would you find the Colosseum?
7. Name the capital of China.
8. Which is larger the Pacific or the Atlantic Ocean?
9. In which country would you find the natural landmark of the Grand Canyon?
10. What mountain range would you find in India, China and Nepal (amongst other countries)?
Need more questions? Check out The best travel trivia questions and answers
Easy Geography General Knowledge Round Answers
Did you know? That the tallest mountain, Everest is actually still growing… with the Eurasian and Indian tectonic plates still pushing against each other forcing the mountain ever higher. It grows about a quarter of an inch taller each year.
Easy History General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Cast their minds back in time with these ten full-on questions about history. Dating back as far as the birth of Christ and the Crusades to more recent history of a more royal kind, here’s your third round of the night:
1. Who was assassinated, leading to the start of the First World War?
2. Who conquered England in 1066?
3. In what year did the US sign the declaration of Independence, now celebrated on 4th July each year?
4. Where was the famous attack by Japan that led to America joining World War II?
5. Which British King famously had six wives?
6. In which city was Jesus said to have been born?
7. Conquering much of China and central Asia, uniting the wandering tribes and even responsible for creating one of the first international postal systems, who led the Mongols?
8. Lasting between 1095 and 1099, what name is given to the war that ended with creating the Kingdom of Jerusalem?
9. What is the better-known name of the plague that devastated Europe in the 1300s killing almost a third of Europeans?
10. Which civilisation was responsible for the pyramids?
Love history? 100 more history quiz questions and answers
Easy History General Knowledge Answers
- Archduke Franz Ferdinand
- William (the Conqueror)
- Pearl Harbor
- Henry VIII
- Genghis Khan
- The First Crusade
- The Black Death
- Ancient Egyptians
Easy Sport General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
Sport is one of those subjects that can really get quizzers scratching their heads. With so much sporting trivia out there, it can be difficult to just find a few easy questions. We’ve put together ten simple questions around sport:
1. What is the most played sport in India and has produced many greats of the game including Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar?
2. The All Blacks are the rugby team of which country?
3. Patrick Mahomes became the first half a billion-dollar player when he signed a 10-year deal for the Kansas City Chiefs, but what sport was that in?
4. Which English footballer retired in 2006with a record 260 Premiership goals?
5. Which basketball team became the first to reach the milestone of 3,000 wins in 2010?
6. The Eagles, Magpies and Canaries are nicknames of famous what?
7. What are the colours of the Olympic Rings?
8. Which motorsport travels the world and has held races at Monza, Silverstone and the Red Bull Ring?
9. Babe Ruth is synonymous with which sport?
10. Which golfer was world number 1 for a record 683 weeks (cumulatively)?
Read next: The best sports quiz questions and answers
Easy Sport General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- New Zealand
- American Football (NFL)
- Alan Shearer
- LA Lakers
- Professional Football Teams in England
- Red, Green, Black, Blue and Yellow
- Formula 1
- Tiger Woods
Unbelievable. Tiger was cumulatively world number 1 for over 13 years… such dominance may never be seen again, and the closest to this record is Greg Norman who cumulatively spent 331 weeks.
Easy Music General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
From the sports field to the pop charts, this is a great point in your pub quiz to get your contestants belting out the tunes. Want to give them some extra hints? Queue up your Spotify and play a few bars of some of these famous songs and artists:
1. Ringo, John, Paul and George are better known as which famous band?
2. Gangsters Paradise was a hit for which US rapper?
3. Dubbed the ‘King of Pop’, which artist released the album Thriller, which went on to be the bestselling album of all time?
4. Kurt Cobain was the frontman for which Grunge band?
5. Which famous US singer was born in Tupelo, Mississippi in 1935 and died aged in 1977 in Graceland, Tennessee?
6. Which German classical composer and pianist, was the film Immortal Beloved about?
7. What is the name of the royal singer who turned the rain purple?
8. Famously part of the Brat Pack, which singer was responsible for Come Fly with Me?
9. Who shave their head in 2007, after checking out of a drug rehab centre in LA only to check herself back in shortly thereafter?
10. Which Queen of Pop was married to Guy Ritchie and Sean Penn?
Read next: 100 epic music quiz questions and answers
Easy Music General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- The Beatles
- Michael Jackson
- Frank Sinatra
- Britney Spears
Fun Easy Entertainment General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Do your contestants binge-watch James Bond and Star Wars movies? Maybe they are avid tabloid readers. Regardless of their hobbies, let’s see how they do with these ten cracking easy questions related to entertainment.
1. Courteney, Jennifer, David, Lisa, Matthew and Matt make up what?
2. El or Eleven is the central character of which scary Netflix series?
3. La Louvre and Musee D’Orsay are famous museums in which city?
4. Neighbours, the Australian TV soap is set on which street?
5. The Phantom of the Opera is a musical by which composer?
6. Frasier, the multi-award-winning TV show was set in which US city?
7. With Woody the main character, what was the first film created by Pixar?
8. The Rijksmuseum can be found in which European city?
9. Acquired by Disney from this famous George for $4 billion in 2012, was which film production house?
10. Running in the West End since 1952, what is the name of the longest running theatre production?
Some more great questions: List of great entertainment and music quiz questions and answers
Fun Easy Entertainment General Knowledge Answers
- The cast of Friends
- Stranger Things
- Ramsey Street
- Andrew Lloyd-Webber
- Toy Story
- The Mouse Trap
Did you know? That the Mouse Trap was written by Agatha Christie, who also created Miss Marple and Inspector Hercule Poirot and she is the bestselling fiction author of all time!
Easy Food and Drink General Knowledge Questions and Answers
From fast food to fabulous cocktails, we’ve focussed this round on one of our favourite topics: delicious, decadent food and drinks! Here are ten of the best easy general knowledge questions and answers about food and drink:
1. What brand is also known as the Golden Arches?
2. In beer, what does IPA stand for?
3. What is the main non-alcoholic ingredient of a White Russian cocktail?
4. The Chinese Gooseberry is also known as a what?
5. Vindaloo, Madras and Korma are all famous dishes of which type of cuisine?
6. Vanilla is native to which country?
7. What coloured vegetable is now mainly orange but can also be purple and yellow?
8. What brand has the slogan ‘Have a break, have a ‘what’’?
9. The Whopper is made by which fast food company?
10. What is the main ingredient of bread?
Want more questions? 100 great food trivia questions and answers
Easy Food and Drink General Knowledge Round Answers
- Indian Pale Ale
- Kiwi Fruit
- Curry (Indian Curry)
- Kit Kat
- Burger King
Easy Nature General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
When you’re scouring the internet for good easy quiz questions, you’ve probably run into a lot (a LOT!) of nature-related general knowledge facts. But, in case you just want them delivered here for you to copy and paste, here are ten great nature questions to add to your quiz:
1. In general, roughly how many months does a human pregnancy last?
2. What is the largest mammal currently inhabiting the earth?
3. Often described as the longest river on earth, on which continent would you find the Nile?
4. Deciduous trees lose their leaves at certain times of the year. What is the name of trees that don’t?
5. The lemur is native to which country in the Indian Ocean?
6. What is the largest land animal to roam the planet?
7. What is the name of the rainforest that is synonymous with Brazil?
8. In which circle are you most likely to find Polar bears?
9. According to the famous saying, how many lives does a cat have?
10. What bird is famous for being pink?
Want some more questions? Why not try out some of these Animal Quiz Questions…
Easy Nature General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- 9 months
- Blue Whale
- Coniferous or Evergreen
- The African Elephant
- Arctic Circle
Fun Fact: Flamingos only get the pink colour from the algae and invertebrates that they eat. Flamingos are in fact born grey or off-white… You can actually see the same pigmentation effect when you cook a shrimp and they change colour from grey to pink!
Easy Science General Knowledge Questions and Answers
From simple questions about the solar system to relatively easy physics and chemistry quiz conundrums, here are ten great trivia questions in a dedicated science quiz round:
1. Famous for the words, ‘That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind’, who was the first man on the moon?
2. What elements make up water?
3. What double b is a common school equipment used for heating science experiments?
4. True or False: Venus is the closest planet to Earth?
5. The gaseous elements helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon are better known as what?
6. What is the simple name for molten rock that erupts from a volcano?
7. Appropriately, what is the name of Saturn’s largest moon?
8. Which scientist came up with the theory of E=MC2?
9. What was Pangaea?
10. What oath is taken by doctors and named after an Ancient Greek physician?
Easy Science General Knowledge Round Answers
- Neil Armstrong
- Oxygen and Hydrogen
- Bunsen Burner
- The Noble Gases
- Albert Einstein
- The former landmass of all the continents before they split
- Hippocratic Oath
Easy Politics General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
We’ve come to the end of our quiz, so here is our ultimate and final round: all about politics! It might seem like more difficult subject matter but – never fear – we’ve found some of the easiest questions out there:
1. Who was prime minister of Great Britain at the end of World War II?
2. Who was the first black president of the United States of America?
3. The budget is determined by which minister of the UK government?
4. What country tried to put missiles onto Cuba, creating the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. What is the first name of John F Kennedy’s wife?
6. Which president resigned over the Watergate scandal?
7. What does the second amendment of the US Constitution state?
8. Who had an affair in the White House with Monica Lewinski?
9. Who tried to assassinate King James I by blowing up the Houses of Parliament?
10. Which Indian hero was a lawyer in South Africa and employed nonviolent tactics to end the British rule in India?
Recommended Reading: All the ultimate arts and literature quiz questions
Easy Politics General Knowledge Quiz Answers
- Winston Churchill
- Barak Obama
- Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Russia (USSR)
- Richard Nixon
- You have the right to bear arms
- Bill Clinton
- Guy Fawkes
- Mahatma Gandhi
Interesting Fact: Gandhi went to South Africa in 1893 as a 23-year-old lawyer to defend an Indian merchant. He then spent another 21 years in the country before returning to India!
So, what did you think of our Easy General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers? Did we miss any key questions off the list? Please do get in touch or just drop a note in the comments below!
Want to save this for later? Why not pin it…
100 Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers? ›
Ask the right question: Who, What, Why, When, Where, How, How Much? - Consultant's Mind. These 7 key questions are a great checklist, but also a sanity check.What are good family quiz questions? ›
- How many teeth does an adult human have? ...
- What is the largest known living land animal? ...
- What are animals that eat both meat and plants called? ...
- How many elements are in the periodic table? ...
- What is the world's largest ocean? ...
- What temperature does water boil?
- The typewriter is the longest word that can be made using only the letters on the top row of the keyboard.
- The popular game of Snakes and Ladders originated in India.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
Ask the right question: Who, What, Why, When, Where, How, How Much? - Consultant's Mind. These 7 key questions are a great checklist, but also a sanity check.What are fun quiz questions? ›
- Which big cat is the largest? ...
- Which is the largest planet in the solar system? ...
- In which city did the Olympic games originate? ...
- How many Olympic rings are there? ...
- What is the fastest aquatic animal? ...
- Are worker bees male or female? ...
- How many Earths can fit inside the sun?
Trivia Question: What is the name of the Earth's largest ocean? Trivia Question: When Michael Jordan played for the Chicago Bulls, how many NBA Championships did he win? Trivia Question: What country won the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930? Trivia Question: In what year was the first-ever Wimbledon Championship held?What is a small family question answer? ›
Small family ( Nuclear family ) : * A family with parents and one or two children is called small family. * Child lives with his father, mother and a brother/ sister. This is a small family.What are the most asked questions by kids? ›
- Why Aren't There Any More Dinosaurs? ...
- Why Are There So Many Languages in The World? ...
- Why Don't We Want Others to See Our Private Parts? ...
- Why Is That Man Homeless? ...
- Why Do People Get Sick?
Common knowledge encompasses information that the average educated reader would accept as true without needing the extra validation of a source or citation. Common knowledge should be widely known, undisputed and easily verified. When in doubt, always cite your sources.What is a basic knowledge? ›
basic knowledge means a fundamental acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles.
What are the four basic of knowledge? ›
According to Krathwohl (2002), knowledge can be categorized into four types: (1) factual knowledge, (2) conceptual knowledge, (3) procedural knowledge, and (4) metacognitive knowledge.What are random questions? ›
Random questions are prompts you can use to spark interesting conversations with someone. For example, “What country would you most like to visit?” or “What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?” The purpose of these phrases is to help friends and strangers start talking and getting to know each other better.What are simple questions examples? ›
- Do you like this country?
- Does Jane know about your new job?
- Can I call my sister?
- Is it cold outside?
- Are they ready for the trip?
- Are you hungry?
The premise of the game is simple: One person, called the “answerer,” thinks of an object. The other player — the “questioner” — asks up to 20 yes-or-no questions in order to determine what object the answerer is thinking about. If the questioner guesses correctly within 20 questions, they win.What is the 21 question? ›
What is “21 Questions”? 21 Questions is a conversation-starting game that involves asking a series of questions to learn more about somebody. It can be played online or in real life and works with two people or a larger group.What is a common type of quiz question? ›
Multiple Choice (M/C) is a very common assessment question type. It offers a statement and then students must select the correct answer(s) from a list of possibilities. This question type can assess information recall, reading comprehension, critical thinking/problem solving, and other student learning factors.What is one question quiz? ›
One Question | Apple TV (UK) A general knowledge quiz show where host Claudia Winkleman invites a pair of contestants to answer just a single question to win a life-changing £100,000 prize. The contestants will be faced with twenty possible answers, but only one answer is correct.What is a quiz short answer? ›
A quiz refers to a short test of knowledge, typically around 10 questions in length, with question formats often including multiple choice, fill in the blanks, true or false and short answer. A quiz is much shorter than a traditional test or exam and is rarely impactful on a final course grade.What are cool trivia facts? ›
- Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- Rats and horses can't vomit.
- Cat's urine glows under a black-light. ...
- A crocodile can't stick its tongue out.
- A shrimp's heart is in their head.
The Google and Alexa Question of the Day game lets you collect points and earn bonus questions, all while learning something new every single day.
What am I guessing game questions for adults? ›
- You dig more as long as it's red, but you stop when you reach green. ...
- When I'm young, I'm tall, and when I'm older, I'm short. ...
- My head and tail will never meet. ...
- I shave every day, but my beard remains the same. ...
- I help you from top to bottom. ...
- I don't have wings, but I can fly.
An extended family is a family that extends beyond the nuclear family of parents and their children to include aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins or other relatives, all living nearby or in the same household. Particular forms include the stem and joint families.What is a big family answer? ›
A family is said to be large when it has three children or more.What is a small family called? ›
A nuclear family, elementary family, atomic family, cereal-packet family or conjugal family is a family group consisting of parents and their children (one or more), typically living in one home residence. It is in contrast to a single-parent family, the larger extended family, or a family with more than two parents.What is 20 questions for kids? ›
The 20 questions game is a simple yet super fun guessing game. In this game, one person thinks of something and then other players ask up to 20 yes/no questions to help them figure out what thing the other person is thinking of.What is the hardest question for a kid? ›
- Generally Speaking. It's important to give kids concrete answers. ...
- “Where do babies come from?” ...
- “Why are some people mean?” ...
- “Why don't we have 'X' that my friend's family has?” ...
- “What's a war?”
- Public Speaking. Perhaps the most important skill today, the skill of public speaking can literally make or break your career. ...
- Listening. ...
- Writing Skills. ...
- Negotiation. ...
- Meditation. ...
- Time Management. ...
- Financial Management. ...
- Critical Thinking.
Information that could be considered controversial, including statements or especially conclusions by others, such as: Whether or not immigration is positive or negative. How much force is justified as used by law enforcement.How can I improve my general knowledge? ›
- Read. The essential way to learn about anything is by reading quality literature: books, articles, and blogs. ...
- Listen. ...
- Watch. ...
- Use Microlearning. ...
- Follow the “one thing a day” rule. ...
- Socialize. ...
- Explain things to others. ...
- Рlan out your learning journey.
They are mathematics, the natural sciences, the human sciences, the arts, history, ethics, religious knowledge systems, and indigenous knowledge systems. The knowledge framework is a device for exploring the areas of knowledge.
What are the 3 areas of knowledge? ›
- Physical knowledge: These are facts about the features of something. ...
- Social knowledge: These are names and conventions, made up by people. ...
- Logico-mathematical knowledge: This is the creation of relationships.
Explicit knowledge can be documented, transmitted, and most importantly, learned by outsiders. It's any information that's easy to share and understand. In a workplace, transferring explicit knowledge is probably the most important part of knowledge management.
While there are arguably many ways of knowing, the TOK course identifies eight specific Ways of Knowing (WOKs) as: language, sense perception, emotion, reason, imagination, faith, intuition, and memory.What are the seven knowledge bases? ›
The seven knowledge bases are (i) content knowledge; (ii) general pedagogical knowledge; (iii) curriculum knowledge; (iv) pedagogical content knowledge; (v) knowledge of learners and their characteristics; (vi) knowledge of educational contexts; and (vii) knowledge of educational ends, purposes, and values.What are the 5 areas of knowledge? ›
- Human Sciences.
- Natural Sciences.
- If You Had Three Wishes, What Would You Wish For?
- What Would You Rather Throw Away: Love Or Money?
- What's The Most Beautiful Place You've Ever Seen?
- What Was Your Fondest Memory Of High School?
- What's Your Favorite TV Show?
- What's The Strangest Thing In Your Refrigerator?
- What is the world's smallest country?
- What are the first three books of The Old Testament?
- How many sides does a dodecahedron have?
- What were the names of Henry VIII's six wives?
- Banksy is most associated with which city?
- What nationality was Charlie Chaplin?